Vung Tau

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
pete mullen (not verified)
Vung Tau

hi can anybody give me some details about life in Vung Tau as in accommodation,electric,internet and anything to help me to understand living in Vung Tau.
cheers pete.

Glen (not verified)

I'm a jazz pianist . When I get there im hoping to find a piano store which will rent me an acoustic piano. Anyone see such a shop around town?
I would be interested to meet any other acoustic jazz players as well.

Mike (not verified)

Hi Pete,
Accommodations - serviced apartments start from USD250 with cable TV, free water and Wifi. I pay the electric bill.
Electric is 110 volt and pretty cheap
Internet - is OK - Vung Tau has Wifi is everywhere
Vung Tau is very quiet. There are mostly oil workers here and they are OK. It is a bicycle type of town. There are a few western bars and restaurants.
Western food is no problem however you may have to go to HCMC is you are looking for special items.

I have been coming here for many years but just recently moved here from Thailand.

Let me know if you need any more info?

Best

Mike (not verified)

Hi Pete,
Accommodations - serviced apartments start from USD250 with cable TV, free water and Wifi. I pay the electric bill.
Electric is 110 volt and pretty cheap
Internet - is OK - Vung Tau has Wifi is everywhere
Vung Tau is very quiet. There are mostly oil workers here and they are OK. It is a bicycle type of town. There are a few western bars and restaurants.
Western food is no problem however you may have to go to HCMC is you are looking for special items.

I have been coming here for many years but just recently moved here from Thailand.

Let me know if you need any more info?

Best

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.