How can a foreigner learn Vietnamese easily?

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
huyauto (not verified)
How can a foreigner learn Vietnamese easily?

I am Vietnamese-American. I moved to Vietnam 1 week ago.
Can you show me how to learn Vietnamese quickly?
Thanks!

Anonymous (not verified)

Hi guys!
Are there any foreigners want to learn Vietnamese?
If have, i can help you with the purpose of exchanging culture, introducing beautiful Vietnamese to non-Vietnamese speakers, and making friends. I'm a senior living in Thu Duc dist, Ho Chi Minh city. My English and Vietnamese is good enough to help you. I know a little bit French as well.
So Foreigners, if you have this intention, let me know via my email [email protected]

Ted Nguyen (not verified)

Hi All:

Wanna learn Vietnamese ? A current English
teacher & Vietnamese tutor, living in Saigon.

Would like to know the inexpensive Vietnamese
tasty dishes ? A low rent apartment ?

Call me: 0123.894.2094

[email protected]

Ted

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

Jobs for Vietnamese - American or English Native Speaker who are living in Vietnam !!

I m currently looking for an English Native Speaker to do English Narration job (Part-Time and work at home). If you speak English with American/Brittish accent (probably you are American / English / Canadian / Australian) and got your private room (to avoid noise interference) to do Audio Recording at home and upload the files via Internet, please contact me via testsoundvn at yahoo dot com . The job is fun!

Email to testsoundvn at yahoo dot com with Email subject as [English Narrator] - Your Name

Answer the following questions:

1) Are you Native English Speaker and currently living in Vietnam? How long you will stay in Vietnam?
2) Do you have private room without noise interference to do voice recording?
3) What is your available time to do narration job? (such as 8PM - 10PM every day, depend on your time)
4) Your current living City (Hochiminh/Hanoi...)
5) Your Prefer Payment methods?( PayPal/ bank Transfer/Cash....)
6) What is your current job/what do you do in Vietnam?
7) Your contact: Mobile Phone / Skype

Thank you and kindly forward this message to your friends who are English Native Speaker and currently living in Vietnam

Regards,

Anonymous

You can drop by the showroom at Vincom Center B (Kiosk B2-07) - 72 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City or just call number 08.3929.2883.The staff members will provide you with helpful advice. Good luck with your studies!

SherryJason1029

You can visit the website: www.easy-talk.vn for further information....

Anonymous

Hi huyauto,
I bought an useful material 3 months ago in Saigon. That is easyTalk Vietnamese tutor pen. This Vietnamese tutor pen can be used with the series of book "Vietnamese for Foreigners". The books have conversations for practice, grammar instruction and fulfill with many photos. There are 4 levels from stage 1 to 4 depend on each ability. Moreover, this tutor pen pronounces Vietnamese very well and helps me a lot to correct my pronuciation.
I recommend of this product because I am using it for my selfstudy. Now I finish volumn 3 and I can speak to Vietnamese people without interpreting. You can give it a try!
Best regards,
Anthony

SherryJason1029

Hi.
I have been living in Vietnam for 3 years and have known a local friend. She is very kind and helps me a lot to learn Vietnamese. She recommended me a course book titled Vietnamese For Foreigners which i found very helpful and interesting. About the pronunciation, you don't have to worry because there is an electronic talking pen (It's called easy-Talk or something). It will read any sentence you point at ...it is amazing. I really like it.
Hope these information can be helpful to you.

Anonymous

Hi huyauto,
I bought an useful material 3 months ago in Saigon. That is easy Talk Vietnamese tutor pen. This Vietnamese tutor pen can be used with the series of book "Vietnamese for Foreigners". The books have conversations for practice, grammar instruction and fulfill with many photos. There are 4 levels from stage 1 to 4 depend on each ability. Moreover, this tutor pen pronounces Vietnamese very well and helps me a lot to correct my pronunciation.
I recommend of this product because I am using it for my self study. Now I finish volume 3 and I can speak to Vietnamese people without interpreting. You can give it a try!
Best regards,
Anthony

Anonymous

Oh, Thank you so much.
May I have website address or any telephone number for more information about that product? or Where to buy it?
Thanks!

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.