What is your recommendation on finding a place to live for foreigners?

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
scn512 (not verified)
What is your recommendation on finding a place to live for foreigners?

Found your site actually doing research on living in SE Asia.

I appreciate your break down of the costs associate with the living, and hey, you're a Hacker News follower as well (bonus).

But you also emphasized that you found your $200/month place in a "serendipitous" fashion. So for those of us who are total foreigners with no real contacts, is there a service or company you recommend?

The Vietnamese section of Craigslist, perhaps?

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/apa/

Just wondering.

Edited by Anonymous on 2012-05-10 01:09
Anonymous

I will be moving to Phu My Hung in the near future. It looks like HAGL or Sky Garden are fairly easy to get a place in for a reasonable price. In your opinion, is one better or preferable to the other? Any other suggestions in the area?

tomo

Just so you know, there are many other options in Phu My Hung besides Hoang Anh Gia Lai and Sky Garden. If you are intent on living in Phy My Hung you can just explore the area in a day. You'll see offices with listings at each residential area.

Anonymous

Hi friend,
Our brand-new mini hotel properly suits your requirement. We have just celebrated the Grand Opening Ceremony on 10th May, 2012. You can access hotel's website for more infomation: http://baongochotel.net. There is promotion for long staying foreigners, please contact directly: +84 126 468 7799, or chat via yahoo: dongquan1812 or skype: quan1812, so I can give you more detail.
Hope this can help you.
Quan - Bao Ngoc Hotel.

tomo

Craigslist is used very little in Vietnam and basically only by a segment of new foreigners looking for housing, not by Vietnamese people who have their own sites which I'll cover in the future.

My quickest temporary advice: make friends and walk around alleys a lot looking for "Nha cho thue" signs.

Anonymous

I just got a job offer working at a school in HCMC. We will need an apartment or house in HCMC as near as possible to the Canadian International School. So as soon as you can post any suggestions as to where to look... LOL
My school uses a real estate agency, but I want to make sure we are not getting hosed. Thanks!!

Anonymous

I just got a job offer working at a school in HCMC. We will need an apartment or house in HCMC as near as possible to the Canadian International School. So as soon as you can post any suggestions as to where to look... LOL
My school uses a real estate agency, but I want to make sure we are not getting hosed. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Could you give us the address or street or district of your School so we can advise easier.
Quan Phi,
http://baongochotel.net

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.