Retirement Experiences in Vietnam

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grace (not verified)
Retirement Experiences in Vietnam

I'm currently retired and living in Thailand, and I do love it here and hopefully will never have to relocate. That said, with the dollar depreciating fairly quickly against the baht I am considering alternatives if it becomes a necessity. I have never been to Vietnam, but from everything I have read it seems a viable option.

However, from reading this site and others it seems that there is no such thing as a retirement visa, so I thought I would tap this forum for suggestions, advice and experiences on everything - good and bad experiences, costs (Bangkok is quite cheap - I pay $150 for a nice room with air, which I rarely use unless I have company, utilities abt another $50, and mostly Thai food $1-2), people, pretty much everything ... but especially the visa options and process.

Hope that someone can provide me w useful advice...

tomo

Bangkok is cheap. Saigon is not necessarily cheaper. But if you have a lot of dollars and they are increasingly worth less in Thailand, you can rest assured that the Vietnam dong will probably never strengthen against the dollar.

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.