Working for banking and finance industry

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dee Tran (not verified)
Working for banking and finance industry

Hi everyone I'm new on here and was hoping to seek advice on obtaining a job within the finance and banking industry. I am currently working for and Australian bank with 6 years of banking experience behind me, I am currently also studying 2nd year finance and accounting, I was wondering had anyone had experience in this sector as an expat? I am also of Vietnamese orgin born in America but grew up on Australia is this going to be a disadvante for me as they will consider me as a Viet kieu, love to hear your thoughts thanks

tomo

I think being a Viet Kieu can be an advantage for the financial sector. Be aware that local securities regulations will be totally different. I don't know if you want or intend to work in retail banking too. But there are a number of foreigners working in management at all the banks here.

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.