Work in Ho Chi Minh City

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vesna Tanko (not verified)
Work in Ho Chi Minh City

Hi,

I should come to my boyfriend and live with him in Ho Chi Minh City, but unfortunately we broke up one week before I should do that. As long as I quit my job in Slovenia and I have a ticket to Vietnam, I decide it I will fly to Ho Chi Minh City next Monday and try it anyway, I don't have nothing to loose anyway. Can you please give me some advice, how to find a job there? I was studying German language and my last working position was in the German bank, but in the past I was also working as a waitress. I am not picky so I could also do something else, the main thing is to earn money and to survive the first few months. I was reading about networking event on your forum? How do I find out, where this events will be? And how is with the accommodation? Probably the best think is too book a hostel for the first few days and then I should search for something else, no?

As I don't have so much time to get ready for my next steep, I am relay looking for your replay!!

Cheers, Vesna

tomo

Hi Vesna,

Your German language skills won't be greatly useful unless you find a job with some of the few German companies (or Swiss, like Swiss IT Bridge) here.

Having a white face alone is enough to get a job teaching English even if you're not a native English speaker. Sad but true and fortunate for you.

A few networking events you can attend are any organized by the main chambers of commerce: AmCham, AusCham, CanCham, EuroCham. Japanese folks have JBAH. There's also a group that charges money to enter called Internations. These welcome people from any country. Outside of that there are a number of specialized (by industry or by interest) networking events.

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.