Tech groups in Danang and HCMC?

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mwotton
Tech groups in Danang and HCMC?

Hi all,

I'm a programmer in the process of moving to Vietnam. I'd like to get involved in the local programming scene, but it's been hard to work out what local scene there is - anyone know of any programmer meetups/barcamps/whatever around Danang? (Or HCMC, but I'd prefer not to have to fly just to talk shop :)

cheers
Mark

mwotton

Thanks Tomo - moving over with my girlfriend, HCMC is a bit too noisy for her :) I'll have to see if I can make it to the big smoke occasionally.

tomo

In Saigon, there are a number of developer groups from the biweekly Javascript meetup, Ruby meetup, Google stuff, upcoming TechCamp Saigon, BarCamps, occasionally BeerCamps. The reason is that there are a lot of expat developers in HCMC who like to get involved and organize these things. There are far fewer expats in Danang, and far fewer expat programmers there, and far fewer things going on. My friend Tom did organize a Drupal meetup/conference in Danang once but I'm not aware of much that's ongoing.

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.