Visa advice.

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FR (not verified)
Visa advice.


I'm about 99.9% decided on moving to Vietnam after my English teaching contract in Japan ends this July.

My question now is what should I do about the visa? My ideal plan is to just pay for the one way ticket, but I figure the government won't be happy about me not having a set employment or way back to the states or at least Japan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


Hello friend, i'm working at Sunviet company and we can help you go through any problems. When you arrive in Vietnam and have any problem about visa, work permit, driving license, housing... please contact me ( 0912565368 ) Mr. Hung/Johnny; Tel: 08 22374842; Live chat: yahoo: hunglemanh1982 Skype: vietnamvisas


You won't have any trouble entering the country, not even need to show an onward flight out. You of course need your tourist visa in order, either already or have a letter for your visa on arrival.

You can then extend your tourist visa with any travel agency in town.


99.9% Dude, do or don't do. There is no other way.

You'll figure out the visa stuff when you get here. I wouldn't worry about it.

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.