Moving to HCM with 3 kids - advice

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
May (not verified)
Moving to HCM with 3 kids - advice

Hi I was wondering if anyone out there with kids had any advice or experiences they could share with me about moving to Vietnam? I have a place to stay but I was hoping to get recomendations on school as we are from Sydney we were looking at AIS but I've also heard ISHCMC was good. I also wanted to know whether the pollution was bad long term or you get used to it. We have travelled there often but haven't stayed for longer than 1 month. My boys are 9, 4 and 1. I also wanted to know whether there are any known cases of mozzie related illnesses in HCM that we need to worry about thoughout the year as we only ever go between Dec and Feb. Any advice or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

tomo

Pollution: I think Saigon's better than Hanoi, but it's still bad on the streets. Better to be away from a busy street. You'll get used to it, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

You don't need to worry so much about malaria, but there are cases of Dengue fever. There is a special hospital for tropical diseases. But there's not much you can do to cure Dengue fever.

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.